Monday, September 12, 2011

Salmon, olive, tomato salad

This week I am dialing in my eating with a goal to lean out a bit. My approach to leaning out is a low carb diet, consuming around 50 grams of carbohydrate a day. How does one do this? By eating real food and not tons of it. I haven't been super, super clean in my diet, especially concerning nuts. I eat A LOT of nuts. Although a better fat source than others, nuts are high in Omega-6s and are calorically dense, so I am adding more olives and avocados and minimizing nuts.

So, here is my lunch (it's not fancy, but low carb, highish fat, high protein and easy enough).

Ingredients:

6 oz canned salmon
100g cherry tomatoes (about 7)
100g iceberg lettuce (it's what we had, pick a better green if you have it)
8 medium green olives

Put lettuce and salmon in a bowl, slice up the olives and tomatoes. Eat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment