Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The other white meat


Once again I began thinking about dinner after a meeting at 6:00. Pork was on my mind, so I picked up 2 lbs of pork tenderloin for my super easy, home run dinner. Always a winner and is ready in about 45 minutes or less from car to table.

Ingredients:
pork tenderloin

for the rub(listed in greatest amount to least amount):
kosher salt
ground mustard
ground pepper
celery seeds
fennel seeds
rosemary (works without it, but salt and rosemary go together so well.)

side:
green beans*

I put all the rub ingredients together in a mortar give them a quick grind with the pestle then rub the pork tenderloin with the concoction. Cook for 30 minutes at 425 or until done. Let rest a few minutes and then slice up and serve.

As a side I roasted some green and wax beans since the oven was the right temp. Just trim off the ends of the beans, toss with some olive oil and pepper (salt if you're into that) and bake for about 15 minutes or until tender.

Quick, easy and great for dinner parties. Pork tenderloin is juicy and tender and the rub gives it a nice flavor. Every rub I make is different, and just use the above list as a rough guide. Whatever is in the spice rack usually works.

And my 1 year old and 3 year old love this.

*I know green beans aren't technically Paleo, but I live by more of a whole30 model. And there is a lot of good stuff in green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment