Monday, August 1, 2011

Salmon in Parchment Paper

I must be in a fishy kind of mood.  I've made this a few times, and seeing as it's Paleo, I figured I ought to blog it out.  It was very satisfying last night.  :)

Ingredients:  (serves 4)
4 salmon filets (about 6 oz each)
4 Tbsp tarragon chopped
4 scallions thinly sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 lemons halved
1 lb asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place the each salmon filet in the center of a piece of parchment paper (15inx15in).  Put salt, pepper, and oil on the filet.  Then cover the top with the tarragon, scallions and asparagus.  Finally, squeeze the half lemon on top and place the lemon on top of it all.  Pull the sides of the parchment over, folding several times to seal.  Place the salmon pouches on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

I have also made this recipe with dill instead of tarragon.

I've served the fish with roasted potatoes, rice and more steamed veggies.

Mmmm, mmmm, good.

No comments:

Post a Comment