Friday, July 29, 2011

Salmon Filet with Roasted Root Veggies

After much talking with fellow blogger Nicole, I decided to roast some veggies for dinner tonight.

Ingredients:

Vegetables
1 small butternut squash seeded and cut into pieces
2 small turnips cut into pieces
2 parsnips cut into pieces
1 sweet potato cut into pieces
1 yellow onion
1 Head of garlic
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

1 6 ounce salmon filet

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
I cut up the butternut, turnips, parsnips, sweet potato and onion and put them into a big bowl.  I added about 3 tbsp of olive oil and some salt and pepper and tossed it to coat all the veggies.  I then wiped two baking dishes with oil and dumped the veggies in equally. I pulled apart all the cloves of the garlic and peeled them.  These I set aside for later.

I put the veggies into the oven for about an hour.  After the first 30 minutes, I added the garlic cloves.  Stir the veggies every 20 minutes or so.

For the salmon, I put a little salt and pepper on the filet.  In a small pan heat olive oil.  Cook the fish on each side for 3 or 4 minutes.  Serve.

This made A LOT of veggies which I saved for future meals.  Veggies could easily serve 4-6 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment