Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beef Taco Salad

While I've made plenty a taco salad in the past, I had never done one with the seasoning from scratch.  So, just to get it down...

Ingredients

Seasoning:

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

1 lb Ground Beef
2/3 Red Bell Pepper chopped
2/3 Onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
Black olives sliced
Avocado

I browned the beef with the onions, pepper and garlic on medium high heat.  When the meat was browned, I added the seasoning mix along with about a half cup of water.  Once it was all mixed in, I allowed the meat to simmer for about 5 minutes.

I put the taco meat over a bed of green leaf lettuce and topped it with black olives (which I should have sliced but was too lazy), and had I remembered to buy one, I would have added avocado as well.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment