Friday, July 1, 2011

Simple Chicken Stir Fry

In preparation for leaving for the weekend I wanted to use as many of my fresh veggies as possible.  So, I decided to make a simple chicken stir fry with veggies.

Ingredients:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
4 baby bell peppers sliced
2 zucchini quartered long ways then sliced into small pieces
Sliced mushrooms
1/3 yellow onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic chopped
Small handfull of cashews
Sea salt
Black pepper
Oregano
Garlic powder
Ground ginger
Paprika
Red pepper flakes
Green curry paste
Olive oil

I heated up some oil and cooked the chicken with a little salt, pepper and green curry paste (this was very little - maybe 1/2 tsp).  I removed the chicken from the pan and put in the onions and garlic.  After about a minute I added the other veggies (if I did this again I add the peppers, then a minute or two later add the zucchini and mushrooms as they were a little soft at the end).  Then I seasoned the veggies with salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.  After cooking the veggies for a few minutes I put the chicken back in and cooked in all together to get the flavors on everything.  At this point I added a bit of oregano and paprika as suggested on a few websites I'd see earlier.  For the last minute I added a small handfull of cashews just because I like them in my stir frys.

Overall it was much better than the beef stir fry I had made earlier in the week.  Not sure if it was the chicken, the addition of the mushrooms or that I just did a better job seasoning but it was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment