Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Best Egg Scramble Yet

After watching my sister Jody prepare scrambles, I was ready to find some success finally.  This is probably mostly hers (if you want to give credit), but I thought I'd share as it was my most successful scramble to date.

Ingredients:
2 slices of bacon
1/3 Red bell pepper chopped
1/4 Onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup spinach coarsely chopped
3 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

First I cooked the bacon on medium heat.  I removed it from the pan along with the majority of the fat left behind, but left some in the pan to act as the oil to cook the veggies.  When I started cooking the veggies, I lowered the heat to Medium Low, knowing that it would cool down by the time I put the eggs in.  I cooked the pepper, onion and spinach together.  As they cooked, I chopped the bacon into small pieces.  When the veggies were nearly done, I added the garlic and the bacon to the mix.  I then added the eggs.  Because it is cooking on a lower heat this takes patience.  I constantly moved the eggs until they begin to set.  I then let them rest for a time to really set in.  So good!  I feel like I can finally make a good scramble!

If they had been available I would also have added mushrooms and topped with avocado, but nevertheless, it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment