Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Almond Banana Pancakes

Okay, while down in Portland this weekend I had the additional support of my sister and brother-in-law who are also doing Paleo right now.  Because of this, we had some great meals together.  Greg has been getting sick of eggs for breakfast so we thought we'd try an alternative.  I found a recipe for pancakes online and we tweaked it until it tasted good.

Ingredients:
2 cups almond meal
6 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 banana
walnuts or pecans (optional)
fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)

I mixed the first 4 ingredients together, and did a test pancake.   Cook the pancakes like you would a traditional pancake. After the test cake, Jody decided to add a banana to the mixture.  This added a good amount of flavor and made them more edible if you are avoiding honey, syrup or butter (which I am).  We also added walnuts and pecans later and both were great.  I topped them off with some strawberries and they were quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment