Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feb. 5

It seems I had created a habit of recording my meals everyday because I miss updating the blog. So, how have I fared after 31 days of cleaning eating? It hasn't been pretty, but most things have been reasonably delicious.

First big post-clean eating go-crazy consumption was caramel macchiato cheesecake. It was freaking delicious, although I had to take a break about half way through because my body was in a little shock.

Sushi. A massive plate of sashimi with some rice and some rolls filled with a little bit of everything. So good.

Most over the top meal was a bacon cheese burger with a brioche bun, homemade ketchup and two sliced pickles. Again, freaking delicious. This amazing burger with a glass of pinot noir was the essentially like getting drunk on food because I woke up with a food hangover-gross feeling stomach, little slow to get moving.

Then the Super Bowl. Pizza, goat cheese stuffed dates wrapped in prosciutto (totally recommend, are good without cheese, are good wrapped in bacon and then baked), two kinds of cake, a reasonable beer. All in all, it was mostly bad, but a little good-there were some veggies and salmon in there.

So, where do I go from here? Back on the clean eating wagon. With the progress towards my goal half way complete there is no reason to stop. The last 5 days sure haven't helped me move towards that goal, but I am also not just quitting because eating crap food is that good. I have found my clean eating habits are ingrained in my lifestyle and when I stray my whole routine is a little out of whack. It makes it easier to go out to restaurants when not limited but I think it is realistic to eat clean 90% of the time and still be able to go out and enjoy all the delicious things there are to eat, clean or not.

2 comments: