Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31

The last day! Wohoo!

Breakfast:

1 soft boiled egg
1/2 spinach pepper sausage
1/2 grapefruit
walnuts and pecans

Lunch:

leftover spaghetti squash with a canned salmon, caper and tomato sauce

I had a lot of squash leftover from last night but no more meat sauce. Luckily the emergency can of salmon was an easy way to add protein. I mixed about a can of salmon with some tomato sauce, added capers, black pepper and a bit of olive oil. A few minutes in the microwave made for a quick, flavorful, and easy lunch.
I definitely had a few handfuls of almonds and a couple sections of satsuma while hosting a playdate with 7 kids under four.

Snack:

Way too many nuts. I think I have eaten enough to be sick of them which is a good thing.

Dinner:

Pork chops with fig balsamic reduction
Dino kale
Baked parsnip chips

Due to my compute having serious problems (*problem solved-clearly) I can't upload the photo of my restaurant quality dinner tonight. Imagine an pile of slow cooked kale topped with a perfectly cooked pork chop and a side of basically parsnip chips. It was pretty dang good. Except that I don't know how to make a balsamic reduction, so this had a caramel quality to it which isn't quite complimentary to cooked meat.

The kale was cooked with ghee, onion and a little chicken stock. It was great after cooking about 20 minutes. The parsnips were just sliced and baked at 425 degrees until beginning to crisp on the outside.

Progress and final reflection:

I am down one more pound, so averaging 1 pound a week which is a reasonable and healthy rate. Plus there is more muscle on my body than when I started, so that factors in.
I posted every day!
My hip is messed up and I will see a doctor this week to open that can of worms.
No muscle up yet, but I have made plenty of progress on my pull-ups and dips. I can now do chest to bar pull-ups. Next I have to master the transition with false grip. Once I have that I just need to put it all together.
It is note worthy that I got two personal records this month especially with the lengthy rest periods. I have hit most of my PRs when eating super stricit and super clean, so there is a correlation there.

What will I eat tomorrow? Probably mostly the same stuff I have been eating this whole month, maybe with some milk in my coffee for starters. There is a visit to my favorite bakery for more than coffee in my future.

Happy eating to my 5-10 readers :) Go do your own Whole30 or 30 day challenge and be excited about the benefits. Be strict and remember you are doing this for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment