Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18

Breakfast:

1 soft boiled egg
finished off the roasted vegetables
carrots and tapenade
2 slices of jicama with fresh lime-the best veggie snack

I also made some hard boiled eggs when making my soft boiled egg this morning-multitasking!

It is a snow day here, more snow than I have ever seen. Since everyone is at home my husband is baking peanut butter cookies with the kids. Damn, that smells good. But I am fully satisfied with my delicious Paleo options!

Lunch:

Leftover chicken drumstick
Green olives
Jicama with lime juice

Post-sledding meal:

Finished off the chili with half an avocado
Carrots and tapenade

Dinner:

I wanted something to warm me up after a day in the snow (although sledding down and running back up hills will certainly keep you warm). I opted to make the ginger, lime, cayenne soup I made one day one of this 30 days. Tonight I used fresh ginger, a shockingly small piece, some ancient lemongrass, green peppers, portabella mushroom and some chard. I also mixed in some chicken broth. The only bad thing was I didn't make enough for leftovers. This is a great dish, very flavorful and easy to throw together if you have ginger, lime and cayenne on hand.

Dessert:

A few slices of walnut fig bread.

No pictures or recipes. Just a day to clean out the fridge and take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment