Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26

Breakfast:

1 chicken apple sausage
1 hard boiled egg
1 grapefruit
tea

I love grapefruit and found this recipe for candied grapefruit peels (not anywhere close to Paleo) that I will try with my leftover peels. I like the idea of using the whole fruit and not having any waste.

Lunch:

leftover beef stew
carrots and tapenade
a few pecans
an apple slice

Snack:

coconut flakes
carrots and tapenade
celery and baba ganoush
carrots and macadamia nut butter
macadamia nuts
decaf coffee

Dinner:

baked sockeye salmon
roasted cauliflower

I told my husband to get some fish on the way home from work and he brought home 2.5 lbs of salmon. We have leftovers! Here's what I did to the salmon

Baked sockeye:

big ole piece of salmon
garlic powder
1 T. ghee
1-2 T. stone ground mustard
handful diced onions

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place salmon on a sheet of foil, shake garlic powder over it. Melt ghee and stir in mustard. Smear over salmon, sprinkle with diced onions then wrap well in foil. Place in oven for about 30 minutes or until done.

Roasted cauliflower:

1 head cauliflower
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
lemon juice (half a lemon worth)
olive oil

Clean and chop cauliflower into florets. Toss in garlic, drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over cauliflower. Add some salt and pepper. Back for about 30-40 minutes. Cover with foil if getting too brown (around 20 minutes in).

The cauliflower was delicious and really easy. I let the salmon go too long so it was a little dry, so be careful to over do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment