Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3

Breakfast:

2 hardboiled eggs
1/3 baked sweet potato

Today my breakfast was a post-workout meal, so carb dense potatoes and protein via the eggs. Not too glamorous but it all fit in a Tupperware and was easy to eat while driving from the gym to a playdate where the kids out numbered adults 2:1.

Lunch:

Leftovers. Last nights Paleo spaghetti was great for lunch. I added some macadamia nuts and green olives for fat. My kids love green olives, so they went through a small mountain themselves.

In the afternoon I had my typical carrots and macadamia nut butter as well as some more olives and macadamias here and there.

This evening I did something unheard of, 3 x 800 meter sprints. After that burner I finished off the leftover Christmas potatoes and began work on dinner.

Dinner:

Baked salmon
Steamed broccolettes

I had also bought collard greens because I want to learn how to cook them, but what little I know is they should be cooked a long time, and since I was starting dinner at 6:45 I put them in the fridge for another night.

Salmon recipe

1.5 lbs wild caught salmon
pepper
lime juice and slices
olive oil
1 avocado

I sprayed a roasting pan with olive oil, laid the fish on it, peppered it a bit, squeezed about half a lime on it and then put lime slices all over it. Baked for about 12-14 minutes at 350 and done. Ours was a little overdone on the edges but better in the middle, thicker parts. Serve with avocado slices.

The broccolette was my impulse buy at Costco. Earthbound Farm Organic (know as "The Man" organics in our house) had a big ole bag of ready to steam broccolette. Easy enough to throw in a pot and call done.

The fish was not the most exciting thing in the world. My talented husband whipped up some aioli, but sadly it had sugar in it therefor not compliant with my rules for this month. I am sure a nice limey aioli would have complimented the salmon and avocado quite well.

Kid report on this meal: Excellent! My three year old ate everything and wanted more of it all. The one year old was all about the avocados and broccolette. Usually the little one is a meat eater, but he was all about the greens tonight. No complaints here. He might add broccoli to his vocabulary that currently contains cheese, sausage, cashew, please, thank you and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment