Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9

Breakfast:
Soft boiled egg
1/2 chicken apple sausage
veggies with baba ganoush
5 macadamia nuts

My kid kept eating my sausage so I was left with half of one. I added some veggies and nuts to balance out the protein in the egg and sausage.

This morning I woke up feeling really rested. Finally, the quality sleep of clean eating is coming!

Lunch:

Hard to say...a pile of macadamia nuts and a slice of roast beef late in the afternoon. A lot of nut snacking going on today.

Dinner:

Pork Tenderloin with Braised Cabbage and Steamed Broccolette

Pork tenderloin is so easy it's a no-brainer for dinner. Tonight I used powdered mustard, fennel salt, celery seeds, fennel seeds and black pepper.

Since the broccolette was such a winner with the kids I steamed up a bowl and the two little ones ate the majority of it.

I love cabbage in all forms. We had some thing like this a few Christmases ago and it was great, so I am trying it again tonight.

Recipe:

1 head cabbage (purple is prettier)
onion
ghee or whatever flat
1 apple
1/2 C broth
1/3 C apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper

Chop up all the vegetables. Heat fat in a pot, saute onions, add apples until soft, add cabbage and broth until wilted. Add vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes stirring every now and then. I was out of apple cider vinegar and used red wine vinegar and it was still good. A little more vinegar flavor, but nothing the cabbage couldn't stand up to.

I have been hitting the macadamias hard today. It's hard to kick the habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment