Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23

Breakfast:

1/3 sweet potato
1 hard boiled egg
kalamata olives

I was on the go today so breakfast was out of a Tupperware in the gym after my workout. I am pleased that after a week of doing nothing I hit a personal record on clean and jerk. (That is lifting a bar off the ground to your shoulders-the clean-and then pushing it over head-the jerk). I have been unable to get past 95 pounds for so long, so hitting 100 was an exciting way to start the day.

In a meeting this afternoon there was a little bowl of mixed nuts so I had a few spoonfuls of those and a couple more macadamias when I got home. I also ate a bag of coconut flakes to try to avoid the nut binge. It helped a little, but the nuts were still tasty.

Lunch:

Leftover pork chop with apples and onions and the dino kale with apple cider vinegar. The kale and pork plus apples and vinegar are the best winter flavor combination. Perfect lunch.

Snack:

Mixed nuts-too many
Coconut flakes

Dinner:

Lime-soaked, cumin crusted flank steak
Cumin roasted carrots

My husband was in charge of the flank steak and this is the recipe he used. Totally worth a click. The only notes we have is way less pepper than they suggest for the relish and be careful on the pepper flakes. We seem to have some super spicy pepper flakes and that made the relish quite hot. Warming it would also be a plus and we figured it probably gets better with age, so if you're lucky enough to have leftovers you can let me know.

Cumin roasted carrots:

baby carrots
olive oil
cumin seeds
salt and pepper

Heat over to 425 degrees. Throw carrots in a dish, coat with oil, shake in some cumin seeds-quite a few-and some salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 40+ minutes until tender and delicious.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment