Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28

Breakfast:

3/4 a blood orange
1 fried egg
roasted sweet potatoes, parsnips and maybe a carrot slice
small handful of walnuts
tea

I warmed up my leftover roasted veggies in a skillet, added a little olive oil to keep my egg from sticking, then I fried it up. The runny yolk went so well with the sweetness of the parsnips and sweet potatoes. My youngest got a few bites because that was all I would give him.

Lunch:

green olives
celery and pecan butter, some walnut butter and cashew to round things out
a bite of a banana
leftover baked salmon

As you can see I love nut butter. At this moment we have pecan, walnut, cashew, almond, sunflower seed, macadamia and peanut butters in the refrigerator. One day I would like to make some pistachio butter. Make your own if you haven't yet, it's so easy and so good!

Snack:

Some nuts, some carrots, a bit of tapenade

Dinner:

Due to some lack of communication I ate an omelet by myself instead of the porterhouse steaks that I took out of the freezer. Looks like I know what to make for dinner tomorrow night.

Tonight's omelet was purple cabbage, onions, kale and apples. I really like the sweetness of the apples in the omelet. Sausage would have been a great addition.

After my breakfast for dinner I went to a bar and partook in some delicious Port Townsend stout. It was on nitrous (or whatever the correct preposition is for that) and it was so smooth. Lucky to live in an area with so many great breweries! Obviously I am weaning myself off clean eating as this draws to a close. I don't feel bad about a pint of quality beer enjoyed over an evening with friends.

From my statistical analysis there are about 10 people reading this (or maybe 5 people reading it twice daily...or my mom). So, what do you think? Cook anything similar to what I have written about? Come up with some great recipes of your own? Comment and let me know where you're from and what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment