Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30

Breakfast:

Leftover porterhouse with amazing roasted red pepper sauce
leftover brussel sprouts
1/2 scrambled egg (my littlest one took the rest from me, he's a growing boy)
pecans and walnuts

This morning was another PR at the gym. After another week off, this time for recovery after having my hip manhandled by the best massage therapist, I PR'd my press. 80 pounds straight over my head. My previous PR was 75, so that is a respectable increase. My lifting partner today beat her PR by 9 pounds. There is something to be said about eating protein, sleeping 8-9 hours and getting the rest your body needs. I usually feel like rest days are lazy days, but clearly rest days are important to getting to the next level.

Lunch:

Another day of running around meant not a real lunch.

some nuts-pecans, walnuts, almonds and macadamias-but really not too many overall
celery and cucumbers with baba ganoush
green olives
coconut flakes
real Americano

The coffee was like speed. I got so much done today and I think it had to do with the shock of caffeine to my system. Plus I had the motivation of getting stuff done while kid free. Talk about efficient.

Dinner:

Paleo spaghetti

Yesterday my husband said we should get some spaghetti squash. I had taken some ground beef out of the freezer, so a pot of meaty spaghetti sauce was in order. Tonight I was feeling lazy so the sauce was very basic with few additions. Usually I throw in a ton of veggies but tonight it was meat, sauce, kale and some seasonings including basil, oregano and garlic powder. I didn't even chop an onion or garlic. I recommend cooking two pounds of meat so you have leftovers. With one pound of meat we had only one serving.

I made this earlier in the month and here is the recipe. Tonight was pretty much the same thing. A very easy weeknight meal when you remember to bake the squash an hour before you want to eat. It can be as fancy or simple as you want and makes great leftovers. The kids both love it and eat mostly the squash, but we sneak some protein into them when they aren't looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment