Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 21



Breakfast:

Based on my omelet success yesterday I did something similar today. I sauteed diced onions, purple cabbage, carrots and a few slivers of apple in ghee. Instead of removing the veggies from the pan I threw in two beaten eggs and treated it as I did the omelet yesterday. It came out perfectly. The sweetness of the apple and carrots went well with flavor of the cabbage. Great combo!

Lunch:

Today was book club and I am fortunate to have clean eating aware book club mates. The hostess today made build your own pita sandwiches with grilled chicken, kalamata olives and a salad of cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes and onions. I had no pita, couscous, feta or tzatziki and still had a dang good lunch.

After a marathon book club (six hours-we did actually talk about the book for some of that time) I had many carrots and tapenade and a few pecans, almonds and macadamias.

Dinner:

Sausage
Sauerkraut
Chard with balsamic

There was some bratwurst and chorizo in the freezer from out pig farmer, so they were quickly defrosted for dinner. The bratwurst had sugar so I enjoyed the chorizo. Sauerkraut and chorizo do actually go well together.

The chard was boiled and then drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar. Simple, quick, easy dinner that everyone enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment