Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22



Breakfast:

I have been perfecting my cabbage/veggie omelet/scramble. This morning I included cabbage, carrots, onion, broccoli and apple slivers. Two eggs and some cracked pepper. Serve with avocado and, BAM, perfect breakfast. The flavor of the cabbage and apple along with the carrots and onion make for a really great scramble. So delicious.

Lunch:

Ants on a log (seriously)
Carrots and tapenade
1 hard boiled egg
3 macadamias

Ants on a log are great. Embrace your inner preschooler and make some! I used pecan butter because it goes so well with celery. Raisins were my ants. My 3 year old licked all the butter out and my one year old used the celery as a spoon to scoop up raisins.

Dinner:

Pork chops with apples and onions
Dino kale with apple cider vinegar

Pork chops:

Sliced onion
Sliced apple (I used fuji, skin on)
4 pork chops
salt and pepper
1 bunch dino kale, chopped
3-4 T. apple cider vinegar
ghee

Heat ghee in skillet, saute onions and apples until slightly brown. Add pork chops and sear a couple minutes on each side, then lower heat and cook until done. Cover to keep steam in.
Remove all of it from the pan and throw in the kale. Add some apple cider vinegar and scrape any bits from the pork off the bottom of the pan. Add some water if needed and cover to steam/saute until done, about 10 minutes. Watch liquid level so it doesn't burn.

All of these flavors went so well together. A bite with every ingredient was just perfect.

Dessert:

Handful of almonds and macadamia nuts.

Week three progress:
No more weight loss. To some extend I am blaming the past week of being nearly totally home bound due to weather and being about as inactive as possible. I'm still looking cut, so it's not all bad.
Muscle up work is coming along. I have chest to bar pull-ups and ring dips are improving. Now to work on a false grip pull-up. It's gonna happen!
I haven't missed a day of blogging yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment