Friday, January 13, 2012

January (Friday the) 13

I'm not superstitious, but my Friday the 13th started about 4 hours early when some yahoo threw jumper cables clear through our front window. A rude awakening! We spent about 2 hours vacuuming, sweeping and searching form microscopic pieces of glass all over our front room and living room. It was sad to be vacuuming shards of glass of my kids train tracks. Hopefully just some jackhole wanting to vandalize $hit and not a regular occurrence from here on out. Nevertheless, a lame way to start the day.

Breakfast #1:

leftover pork tenderloin and broccoli that had been rejected in my son's lunch
a few pieces of spinach pepper sausage
maybe a few almonds? It was really early.

Breakfast #2:
soft boiled egg
black tea, potentially the first caffeine I have had since December
coconut flakes

Since I have not been seeing the weight loss I am going to pay a little more attention to quantity of food. My quality is there so hopefully with some more tinkering I can start seeing some fat disappear.

Lunch:

Egg salad
2 hard boiled eggs, about a table spoon of aioli, a few scoops of capers. A big bowl of fat and protein. Not too pretty-I wonder how a food photographer could make this look good.

And some more coconut flakes.

Snack:

Some green olives
A few carrots with sun butter and pecan butter
Lots of tea and coconut flakes

Dinner:

It has been an abnormal day and that led to an abnormal dinner. We had a babysitter tonight and had originally planned on going to a movie. Waking up so early made sitting in a dark room for over 2 hours seem like a waste of money so we decided to get some food and drink. This was decided after I had some roast beef and the sausage my youngest kid allowed me to have. (He is super Paleo baby-meat, meat and meat.) We settled on sitting in the bar of Asado, one of the top 5 restaurants in Tacoma. Argentine food is great for clean eating-lots and lots of grilled meat. I had the most tender chicken skewers and a gin and tonic. Yes, I totally cheated, but gin is Paleo. This goes in the "eat well, but you still have to live" category, I don't consider being a responsible person, acknowledging I don't want my diet choices to dictate my life cheating. A single drink in a month is no going to undo the progress I have made, it's not going to make me feel like crap tomorrow, and I get to enjoy an evening out with my man. (Didn't I say earlier I was going to work towards losing the fat, that I was going to tinker and fine tune? Hmm, sounding hypocritical now.)

Anyway, I am glad it is nearly the weekend, a holiday weekend at that! Hope you do something fun and adventurous! Remember that it is better to have a cheat meal than a cheat day. Those can get ugly fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment